One of the worrying side effects of the pandemic has been an increase in people’s stress and anxiety levels.
As a result, it’s very sad to say that people can suffer from panic attacks in varying degrees of severity. The onset can be very quick and for some, the symptoms can be truly devastating often affecting how they lead their daily lives.
The main symptoms of a panic attack include:
- Distressed about a feeling of loss of control.
- Rapid, pounding heart rate
- Trembling and shaking
- Shortness of breath
- Hot flashes
- Abdominal cramping
- Chest pain
- Tingling sensation
Whilst there are medications that can help with the symptoms, many find that these alone are not the solution, so have turned to complimentary therapies such as Reiki to help reduce or alleviate their panic attacks.
What are the triggers of a Panic Attack?
The causes of a panic attack will vary from person to person, but they can usually be generalised by:
- A major incident such a physical attack
- Serious family member illness
- A dramatic change in your life such as divorce or bereavement
- A natural character that is shy and nervous of situations
How can Reiki help with Panic Attacks?
Reiki can help with panic attacks in many ways. In my experience of dealing with people who suffer from panic attacks, I have found that regular Reiki sessions can be beneficial by:
- Helping to reduce the stress levels they may be feeling.
- Helping to reinstate a feeling of control and balance over their feelings and reactions.
- Offering a sense of calm and relaxation.
- Breaking the feeling of loneliness by having contact with a supportive person.
COVID-19 Secure Reiki
It’s possible that the challenges that the virus presents can be a contributory factor to raising people’s anxiety, potentially leading some to having panic attacks. This in turn may make going out a huge difficulty.
However, in order to put your mind at ease, I have diligently followed the government guidelines, and have introduced the following stringent hygiene procedures to keep us all safe.
- Placing hand sanitisation stations at the door
- All clients will have a temperature check upon arrival
- I will be wearing all the necessary PPE, such as masks, and face shields
- For added peace of mind, I ask that all clients wear a face mask
- Thorough sterilisation of the treatment room and bed after every session
If you suffer from panic attacks, please don’t suffer in silence. My Reiki treatment sessions, based at my London or Hampshire treatment rooms, may just be the deep relaxation and calming influences you need.
Please book a session online or, if you would like to speak with me to find out more detail, please feel free to give me a call.